A B C, it’s easy as 1 2 3. Super easy to make, this homemade almond, brazil and cashew nut butter is a tasty alternative to commercial peanut butter – without the added salt, sugar, oil and preservatives! Another bonus – you have full control over how crunchy or smooth you want to go. Why not mix it up with your favourite nutty combinations! For added flavour, you could roast the nuts first.
ABC spread: Almond, brazil and cashew nut butter Recipe
By June 6, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 small jar
A B C, it's easy as 1 2 3. Super easy to make, this homemade almond, brazil and cashew nut butter is a tasty alternative to commercial …
- 50 grams almonds soaked for at least 2 hours
- 50 grams brazil nuts soaked for at least 2 hours
- 50 grams cashews soaked for at least 2 hours
- 2 tbsp water
- Add all nuts and 1 tbsp water to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add another tablespoon of water and continue processing (scrape down the sides as needed) until you get a good consistency - as crunchy or as smooth as you like.
- It should taste pretty good just like this, but you can stir in some optional extras if you want. Here are some ideas: 1 teaspoon of oil for a more buttery consistency; 1 teaspoon of honey for added sweetness; 1 small pinch of salt for a savoury spin; 1 tablespoon chia seeds for a healthy boost.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
What’s your favourite nut butter combo?